Monday, June 1, 2009

Behind The Art Monday

Once again it's Monday and I have another great Etsy shop to share with you! I hope you enjoy my interview with Susan from the really fun shop MagnetGames.

Introduce yourself.
Hi! I am Susan. I am living on an island right now. Specifically, Mercer Island in the Pacific Northwest. I have also lived in the desert and in the smallest state here in the united states.

Tell us about your art. What do you make? How did you come to your craft?

I make fun for your fridge. Currently, I am solely working with perler beads. I design games for your fridge (mario, tic-tac-toe, tetris, etc.) I am also kind of a nerd and as a result I make other nerdy items out of perler beads, like glasses and veggie burgers!


What inspires your work? Describe your creative process and tell us about your favorite materials to work with.

Video games and goofy faces inspire my work. I usually spend 2-3 days designing and testing out my ideas before I come to the final product.

What are your goals for your shop?

My main goal is to make everyone's kitchen a bit more colorful. I would also like to turn your fridge into a little mini-hangout while your family is preparing dinner. I have lots of educational and conversation inspiring ideas in the works.

What do you do when you are not creating?
I tutor mathematics and computer science (hopefully teaching in the fall), play with my doggies, write code, listen to post rock, and eat lots of fake meat!

What is your favorite hobby other than crafting?

Playing board games.




What brought you to Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?

I had been here a few times to look around and shop and decided I wanted to try it out. I do not sell anywhere else yet -- maybe one day.

Where else can we find you online?

I recently started this blog: http://etsytechnologyhelp.blogspot.com/ which aims at answering all your software questions related to Etsy.



What is your favorite item in your shop?

Hands down, my veggie burger!

What is the most valuable thing you have learned from your art and being an Etsy seller?

I am brand new! I do not have any heartfelt lessons I have learned yet. I really love all the love around here -- man it just makes me smile.

Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I am super awesome and want to be your friend! Stop by and say Hi!

You can check out more fun for your fridge from MagnetGames at her shop. Thanks for joining me for Behind the Art Monday!

Thanks to MagnetGames for use of all photos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is also a great giveaway going on now from Etsy shop TileMeBeautiful. Enter here.

2 comments:

MagnetGames said...

Awesome! Thanks so much!

<3
susan.

annies home said...

these are too awesome they are like calling back to my younger years