Monday, July 27, 2009

Behind The Art Monday

Today's feature is with Heidi from Etsy shop pickmeup, a jewelry shop filled with beautiful, creative and colorful pieces. I love all the gorgeous wire work that goes into giving her pieces a unique look. Heidi is offering shoppers free shipping through July so go take a peek.
Introduce yourself.

My name is Heidi. I recently returned from a stint in Sydney, Australia and am currently living in Nashville, Tennessee.

Tell us about your art. What do you make? How did you come to your craft?

I make handmade jewelry. It started when I was putting on a necklace I had bought at the store. For some reason, I took a closer look and said to myself, "hey, I can make this!"

What inspires your work? Describe your creative process and tell us about your favorite materials to work with.

I tend to sketch a lot to get ideas (I got my spiral earring ideas from doodling one day). I work mainly with sterling silver and gold-filled wire with all sorts of gemstones and Swarovski crystals thrown in.

What are your goals for your shop?

My goal is to earn enough in a month to pay my car payment. After that, we'll see:)

What do you do when you are not creating?

I have a degree in Architecture. Unfortunately, I had to return to the States at this difficult time. So I'm also job hunting...

What is your favorite hobby other than crafting?

I've recently started cooking and trying new recipes. I love good food! I'm also an avid reader and tennis player.

What brought you to Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?

I was telling a good friend about my jewelry I was making and she suggested Etsy.

Where can we find you online?

I'm on Twitter: http://twitter.com/heidispickmeup
and I recently started a blog: http://pickmeupboutique.blogspot.com/




What is your favorite item in your shop?

One of my first and favorite creations is my Yellow Jade Spiral Earrings
I think they are a TRUE pick-me-up- how could you be in a bad mood while wearing those earrings?!

What is the most valuable thing you have learned from your art and being an Etsy seller?

Be patient with your shop- you never know who is looking!
*************************************************************************************

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks so much for featuring my little shop!