Monday, July 13, 2009

Behind The Art Monday

Today's Behind The Art Monday Interview is with DES from Etsy shop Whiteserenade.

Tell us about your art. What do you make?

I enjoy photography, graphic design, stained glass, mixed media paintings, paper mache and jewelry.


What inspires your work? Describe your creative process and tell us about your favorite materials to work with.

I really can't sit still. I'd rather be junking or in my workshop. I've always been driven to create, and I have a passion for graphic design and reclaiming and repurposing materials. I love transforming something that might otherwise end up in a landfill into something beautiful, functional, and one-of-a-kind. I also love the art of the 20's and 30's and I've recently started painting vintage girl faces. My favorite material is recycling vintage French paper.

What are your goals for your shop?

Just do what I love to do. Create share and give. I donate some of my profits to www.bloodwatermission.com



What do you do when you are not creating?

I'm a wife, mommy and house keeper. I am very blessed to work at home and be available for my kids.

What is your favorite hobby other than crafting?

Working out exercising. If I don't workout I can't sleep.

What brought you to Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?
I sell in two shops in my area.

Where can we find you online?

Currently, only on etsy. I'm afraid of those places. Honestly I don't like being on the computer too long. It grabs you and I get nothing done.




What is your favorite item in your shop?


My recycled milk glass candle holders.

What is the most valuable thing you have learned from your art and being an Etsy seller?

Don't give up on your art. It's easy to get discouraged as you see other sellers. I do what I do because I enjoy it.

See more work from whiteserenade on Etsy.com

0 comments: