Monday, June 8, 2009

Behind The Art Monday

Today's featured Etsy artist is Stephanie from Stoopher and Boots. Enjoy the interview and I hope you will check out her super cute shop.

Introduce yourself.

My name is Stephanie, proud owner of Stoopher & Boots. I live in NYC and am blessed with a loving family that is supportive of my artistic pursuits. So much so that I named my company after my Father's nickname for me (Stephanie/Stoopher) and my sister (Betsy/Boots).

Tell us about your art. What do you make? How did you come to your craft?

I design and decorate clothing and accessories. I started by looking for a creative gift idea for my sister's second set of twins (yes, second). I decided to try out designing shirts and got such wonderful feedback I thought I would continue. I took pictures of what I'd made, posted them to etsy and things took off from there. Now I've expanded into adult and dog tees too.

What inspires your work? Describe your creative process and tell us about your favorite materials to work with.

I'm inspired by color. I love mixing colors and creating images that highlight those combinations.

What are your goals for your shop?

Eventually I would like to have a shop of my own and expand into more retail space. My products are being carried by a boutique in NYC, but I hope to grow that reach.

What do you do when you are not creating?
I have a corporate job that takes up quite a few hours of my day (and night). This business has really allowed me to have a creative outlet which utilizing the business skills I've gained in the corporate world.



What is your favorite hobby other than crafting?

I am a new owner of a puppy and kitten and I adore spending time with them. They are a wonderful addition to my life.
What brought you to Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?

I've always heard great things about Etsy and I felt it was a good place to get started. Through word of mouth I was able to secure a relationship with a retail boutique in NYC. I've also started selling at craft fairs.

Where can we find you online?

Other than etsy (http://stoopher.etsy.com), please follow me on Twitter and join my facebook group



What is your favorite item in your shop?

Hard to pick a favorite, but here are two I'm very proud of:
Rockabilly Onesie
It's A Small World T-Shirt

What is the most valuable thing you have learned from your art and being an Etsy seller?
Mostly, this has been an amazing creative outlet for me. I've also met people from all over the world through Etsy and am amazed by all of the talent that is out there.

Anything else you would like us to know about you?

I love what I do, and hope you do too.

*******************************************************************************

Win a Going To The Beach Scrapbooking Inspiration Kit from Ocean Dreams Studio.
Enter here.

1 comments:

OliveStreetStudio said...

What a cool LOVE t-shirt. The flower patterned letters are the best.