Monday, August 3, 2009

Behind The Art Monday

Today's Behind The Art Monday Interview is with Lynn Fraser from Liverpool, England. Her Etsy shop features original handpainted artwork in a variety of styles, along with cards and prints of her work. Check out her shop, LynnFraser on Etsy.com.
Tell us about your art. What do you make? How did you come to your craft?

I have always been interested in drawing and painting.I attended nightschool to reawaken my desire to paint. Leaving work a few years ago, I was able to indulge that desire.I love to paint and can throw myself into another world when I'm creating a picture.

What inspires your work? Describe your creative process and tell us about your favorite materials to work with.

I'm inspired by beautiful photography and my imagination.Usually ideas come just before I go to sleep.Then my mind goes into overdrive with ideas rushing in.Hopefully I remember them when I wake up! I like to paint in acrylics on canvas. I love the near instant effects you can get with it,because of its quick drying nature.

What are your goals for your shop?

To open my artwork up to a larger market and learn how to promote myself successfully within Etsy.I find the people in the forums very friendly and like the sense of community.

What are your favorite hobbies?

Reading is my favourite hobby when I'm not painting.I love to get lost in a good book!
Anything from chicklit, a good ghost story to an autobiography. I always seem to be creating something.Otherwise I like to read and walk my dog on the beach.

How did you come to Etsy? Do you sell anywhere else?

A friend on Deviantart introduced me to Etsy. I also have a Folksy shop and my own website.

Where can we find your work online?
You can find me at http://www.lynnfraser.co.uk also on flickr, deviantart, artinliverpool, folksy, almiro gallery, and myspace.

What is the most valuable thing you have learned from your art and being an Etsy seller?

I'm still learning with my art. The more I paint the more I learn. I like to flip from figurative to folkart style and popart painting. Also,I love the pleasure I get from standing back from a finished painting and thinking I did that!. The icing on the cake is when someone feels the same way about your work and buys a piece. I love to think someone has put my work on their wall and is getting the same pleasure in looking at it as I got from painting it.

0 comments: